Do you feel like some fine-tuning still needs to occur even though you have delivered your message numerous times? If you are ready to improve the delivery of your message and maybe even your wardrobe, this episode is for you! I'm chatting with my friend Karen Laos about how you can improve the presentation of your message starting now!
Karen is a speaker and Communication Coach who has worked with NASA, Sephora, and some teams over at Netflix. Now you're going to wonder what the Communication Coach is? Don't worry; we're going to ask her.
Want to chat outside of the podcast? Yes? Alright, get on the email list! Head to takethestagepodcast.com, scroll to the bottom and sign up.
“If you want to stand out in an influential way, doing the hook upfront immediately grabs our attention, and we go, ‘whoa, that's different. It's going to make you stand out in such a positive way.” – Karen Laos
Highlights from today include:
- Introducing Karen Laos (0:37)
- What it means to be a communications coach (2:36)
- Two things that we do when we are not confident (3:35)
- Eliminating the breathy tones for authenticity (4:29)
- Identifying and avoiding up speak (8:47)
- Using punctuation when we speak (9:51)
- What not to do when you step on stage (11:40)
- What you can implement in your speaking right now (17:27)
- Eliminate as much distraction as well (18:22)
- Preparing in advance (22:10)
Are you ready to get back on stage and implement these tips Karen gave to us today? Have you already recorded yourself and noticed some tics you can improve? I'd love it if y'all came to join the conversation in the Facebook group – Take the Stage Speakers and take a moment to share with us! If you aren't on Facebook, find me on Instagram! I would love for you to share with me how you plan to tweak your next speaking engagement.
Connect with Karen
Connect with Mary
Thanks for joining me! If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Spotify, give me a 5-star, and leave a review to help me reach even more speakers who are ready to Take the Stage. Also, don't forget to visit me on Facebook, or Instagram to stay up-to-date on what's in store for you.