Are you an aspiring author? Or maybe you are in the throes of writing your book? Perhaps you were wondering how and what happens with a publisher? You’re in luck because today, we will dive into this and more with Athena Dean Holtz!
Athena is the founder and publisher of Redemption Press, and She Writes for Him Writers’ Conference. And I was recently fortunate to get to meet her at Proclaim Conference. We dive into what it’s like publishing a book and how the industry has changed. You don’t want to miss this one!
“The question is, do you have a story that is compelling and resonates with your audience? And if you do, then you can get whatever help you need to make it well written.” – Athena Dean Holtz.
Highlights from my chat with Athena include:
- When is the time to write a book (2:04)
- Where does the story start (3:27)
- Ink on paper doesn’t translate body language (5:07)
- Different types of publishing (9:17)
- Combining traditional and true self-publishing models (15:15)
- Likelihood of being turned down (18:18)
- Resubmitting your manuscript (19:56)
- Examples of word count and costs (22:44)
- Importance of the brand (25:11)
- The cost to an author (28:18)
- Kickstarter option for authors (33:22)
- Athena tells you your next steps (36:36)
Are you ready to take your book to a publisher? Or are you in the beginning stages of writing? I’d love it if y’all came to join the conversation in the Facebook group-Take the Stage Speakers and share with us! If you aren’t on Facebook, find me on Instagram! I would love for you to share with me.
Connect with Athena Dean Holtz
Connect with Mary
Want to chat outside of the podcast? Yes? Alright, get on the email list! Head to takethestagepodcast.com, scroll to the bottom and sign up.
Thanks for joining me on today’s episode of, Take the Stage – for Speakers by Speakers! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts or Spotify, give me a 5 star, and leave a review to help me reach even more speakers who are ready to Take the Stage. Also, don’t forget to check out my website, visit me on Facebook, or hang out with me on Instagram to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you.