Today on Take The Stage, Jenny Randle joins me again, and we dive into some excuses that speakers may have, and we’ll talk about her new book that launched today, Dream Come True.
Jenny Randle is an Emmy®-award winning editor who went on a journey to discover what it really means to live on purpose. From a career in the heart of Hollywood editing for billion-dollar franchises to a faith-based leader, her voice and work have been featured in hundreds of notable films, print, and media outlets, including MGM Studios, DreamWorks, and PBS Television.
In early 2018, Jenny and her husband, Matt, formed Freedom Creatives, an organization that helps people grow their faith, get unstuck, and level up so they can unapologetically live and work for Jesus. Freedom Creatives provides classes, coaching, and in-person and online community and events. Their ministry has international reach from a small island in Northern Florida, where they reside with their two children.
Jenny's search for meaning in the everyday moments of life has led her to develop resources that merge profound Gospel-centered truths with practical application. She's the co-host of the fun and faith-filled podcast — Shut the Should Up. Jenny is the author of Courageous Creative, Getting to Know God's Voice, and her newest book, Dream Come True: A Practical Guide to Pursue the Adventures God Has for You. Jenny champions leaders, creatives, and procrastinating dreamers to dream on for the glory of God and good of others.
Be sure to tune in as Jenny and I talk through some speakers' excuses that she covers in her book. And make sure you stay until the end because Jenny turns the tables and asks me a question.
“If I didn't feel nervous, I would be worried because then I wouldn't have to rely on God. So it's that reminder that this whole thing isn't about us. ” – Jenny Randle.
Highlights from today include:
- What is Dream Come True about (1:33)
- Deferring her dream (2:37)
- Moses made excuses (3:59)
- I'm a nobody (4:40)
- I'm nervous and anxious (5:11)
- I don't know enough (6:15)
- I'm not talented enough (7:00)
- Honor God in the process (8:26)
- Genie in a bottle theology (10:18)
- I don't think they'll believe me (13:43)
- Don't go it alone (15:30)
- Have a true understanding of what our purpose is (17:17)
- There's an authority when you're in the fullness (20:18)
- Jenny turns the tables and asks Mary a question (21:17)
- Not diminishing the fact that God has invited us to stand on a stage (23:11)
What excuse are you using? Which one of these excuses resonated with you? Did you guys order her book yet? I'd love it if y'all would come to the Facebook group! Not on Facebook? No worries, you can always find me on Instagram!
Understanding Your Calling with Jenny Randle