There is a difference between developing your message and crafting your message. Join me today as I focus on the “how-to” of developing your message. Remember, before you craft your message, you must develop it.
We’ve talked about creating an irresistible opening for your message, and now we get to develop your message that God has placed in your heart to share. I want you to walk away with the knowledge and tips to developing your signature message.
Ready to find out how to do this? Let’s dive in!
- Do I get to have just one message (2:48)
- What is your goal as a speaker (3:15)
- The first thing to do when developing your message (3:44)
- Goals for speaking (4:08)
- What problem does this message solve (4:52)
- What I learned from when I started speaking (5:09)
- What does your goal signify (6:40)
- What to do if you have multiple messages you want to develop (7:58)
- Activity to do to help in developing your message (8:10)
- How do you hold your audience (10:11 )
- You’ve captured their attention, and then you move into the beginning of your story (11:03)
- Use the post-it notes from the activity you completed (11:31)
- Take your audience into what happened that made you realize (12:45)
- Where you were and where did it shift (14:38)
- Healing and hope of your message (15:12)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode as we walked through the steps to develop your message. Let me remind you of the steps; Giving your audience the problem, then take them to the solution, and finally, bring them to the benefit they can use. Don’t forget to come to join us in my Facebook group and share your message and the steps along the way!
Create an Irresistible Opening for Your Message
Connect with Mary
Join Mary’s Facebook Group
Thanks for tuning in!
Thanks for joining me on today’s episode of Taking the Stage! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and leave me a rating and review to help me reach even more speakers with a message. Want on the mailing list? Signup here! Don’t forget to visit me on Facebook, or hang out with me on Instagram to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you!