Angela Bouma lives in California with the love of her life and their three kids. She is no stranger to the marketing and design world and has done almost every job in the industry over her nearly 20 years.
“If you’re kind of iffy about it, keep interviewing other people. You have the right to interview as many people as you want before you hire someone and give them your money.” – Angela
Today on Taking the Stage
- Does a speaker need a website (3:15)
- PDF one page, having your (new) product on your website or both (5:12)
- How much does a website cost (6:45)
- Do pictures make your website (9:20)
- Is a speaking page the same as the rest of your website (11:06)
- Who is your speaking page targeting (11:30)
- What does a speaking page do (11:52)
- Who is your website catering to (11:57)
- Why it’s essential to have a web designer (12:19)
- What I learned with this process (13:31)
- Working with a web designer (14:13)
- Does the effort reflect the price for web design (15:00)
- Do creatives need a timeline (16:16)
- Should someone come to a web designer with a lot of questions (16:29)
- Are videos important for speakers to have on their website (17:49)
- Should I have a full-length video of a speaking engagement on my website or speaking page (18:05)
- What should a video include (18:45)
- Should a speaker invest in a website at the beginning (19:40)
- Is it helpful to have examples of websites that you like (20:32)
What a great episode and a fantastic time chatting with Angela about web design, how speakers need to have one, and what to include on yours.
If you’re ready to Activate your speaking career and help others by sharing your God-given message, contact me!
Connect with Angela
Connect with Mary
Join Mary’s Facebook Group
Thanks for tuning in!
Thanks for joining me on today’s episode of Taking the Stage! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and leave me a rating and review to help me reach even more speakers with a message. Want on the mailing list? Signup here! Don’t forget to visit me on Facebook, or hang out with me on Instagram to stay up-to-date on what’s in store for you!