Do you feel like you need a large platform and countless social media followers to make an impact as a Christian speaker? In this episode, I’ll be exploring the concept of influence and share a valuable perspective on how it is important but not in the way we might think. Influence is not about numbers but rather about the impact of our message and how we use our experiences to connect with and inspire others.
My goal is to encourage you through personal stories and Biblical references, help you focus on sharing your message with just one person and explore the power of stirring up love and good works through our words and actions. Discover how you can be influential by focusing on the people God has called you to reach. Get ready to rethink influence and find inspiration in the small moments that make a big difference!
- Definition and meaning of influence
- Need for influence in various areas (book sales, speaking, etc.)
- Role of God in giving a message and life experience
- Use of influence to share what God has done with others
- Influence in pre-social media days
- Example of Jesus and his influence without social media
- Word-of-mouth as a means of influence
- Personal experience with discovering favorite Christian authors/speakers
- Impact of sharing a personal message with one person
- Utilizing different platforms for conversation and interaction
- Starting small and growing influence
- Impacting the world around you with encouragement and kind words
- Hebrews 10:24-25 scripture on stirring up others to love and good works
- Confidence in being presentable inside and out
- Being inventive in encouraging love and helping others
Once we’ve explored the true meaning of influence and how it’s not about numbers on a social media platform, but rather about the impact of what God is doing in your life, let’s talk about how you can harness that influence to share your message with others. If you’re feeling unsure about how to navigate the world of speaking or want to take your speaking skills to the next level, I’d like you to sign up for my newsletter, where I share valuable ideas for gaining confidence in your speaking abilities and reminders about upcoming podcast episodes. You should also join my Facebook group, Take the Stage Speakers, where you’ll find a community of Christian speakers ready and willing to encourage and cheer you on!
Links & Mentioned Resources:
Hebrews 10:24-25 – NIV: And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:24-15 – The Message: So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.