Do you feel like you pour out so much for others but rarely take the time to fill yourself up? Have you ever considered going on a retreat? Retreats are a powerful resource for individuals in creative fields, but especially for Christian speakers! Whether you take a few hours, a day or two, or an entire week, a retreat will refresh and rejuvenate your mind, heart, and soul.
In today’s episode, I’ll share my own experiences with retreats and why they have become a crucial part of my journey as a speaker. Learn the four things that make a retreat powerful and discover the benefits of recharging and leaning into your relationship with God and others. Listen to discover the transformative impact of taking time away to focus on yourself and your growth as a speaker!
- The power of retreats
- Difficulty in spending money on oneself
- Importance of self-care for speakers
- Retreats as a way to refresh
- Spending time with God
- Connecting with nature on retreats
- Setting goals during retreats
- Creativity and inspiration on retreats
- Building genuine relationships on retreats
- Retreats for speakers in the network
- Hosting a retreat in February
- Sharing retreat experiences
- Encouraging others to go on retreats
I am so passionate about the power of retreats that I’m hosting a retreat for people who are in my Speakers Network (those who have finished the Activate course can join the network upon completion.) We’ll be exploring the main points of this episode at the retreat, so stay tuned for the retreat’s exact dates in February. You can keep on top of the retreat and all the happenings with me by signing up for my email list here, or by joining the Take the Stage Speakers Facebook group.
Links & Mentioned Resources:
Take the Stage Speakers Facebook Group
Join Mary’s email list!
Connect with Mary