In this episode, we’ll explore together the common beliefs of what it takes to be an accomplished speaker and I’ll explain that there’s truly only one thing that matters to your success. You’ll also discover how important it is to uncover your unique message and find the platforms that resonate with you. Listen and be encouraged to embrace your unique message and find your path in the speaking industry.
- Reviewing the common speaker requirements suggested by others
- Challenging the idea of absolutes in the speaking industry
- Focusing on the unique message God has given you
- Making your message plain
- Clearing misconceptions about only certain stories being necessary to get booked
- Highlighting the diversity of messages that can be shared
- Finding the best platform for you to build a community around your specific message
- Encouraging listeners to seek God’s guidance on their message
Remember, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to being a speaker, and you don’t have to conform to society’s expectations. Focusing on your calling, the message you feel led to share, and building a community on a platform that suits your personality and preferences is a great starting point. My Facebook community, Take the Stage Speakers, is a wonderful place to engage in conversation with other speakers, share your vision and gain insight into the work others are doing. I’d love to see you there and offer my encouragement.