Did you catch the last episode where we talked about making connections? If not, I highly recommend you check it out first because there’s some homework that lays the groundwork for this episode! Getting booked as a speaker starts with making connections. After making those connections, you can start having conversations and scheduling meetings. I know, booking meetings can be nerve-wracking even for speakers. That’s why I want to spend some time discussing what you can expect going into these conversations, so keep listening…
In this episode, I talk about face-to-face meetings, video meetings, and how to show up and serve well in both situations.
Highlights from this episode include:
- The meetings you’ll have are business meetings
- It’s your job to serve the event planner and the women under her care
- Navigating the speaker budget conversation
- Meeting the event planner is an opportunity to build a relationship
- Making a video where you’re looking directly at the camera
- Showing up and doing the work God provides is what you need to do
You may find it scary to put yourself out there, do the hard work, and arrange meetings, but what’s scarier is not getting out there and sharing your message. But I believe we’re supposed to ask and share what God has done in our lives, and when the opportunity arises, we can speak to large groups of people from platforms. Wouldn’t you agree?
I’d love it if y’all came to join the conversation in the Facebook group – Take the Stage Speakers and take a moment to share with us! If you aren’t on Facebook, find me on Instagram! I would love for you to share it with me.